Sunday, May 2, 2010

IT'S FINISHED!!!

Well, last week in between school field trips, David's birthday, house cleaning and creating posie pockets I managed to finish my spring sampler. YAY!!!! Have I told you how much I really REALLY enjoy stitching! It makes me happy! And the ability to just add bits and bobs so freely and randomly is so so gratifying to my soul.

Seeing it, and all it's little imperfections, all my favorite little scraps and buttons, makes me a happy girl.
We have many blue birds come and visit our yard (which I love!) So of course, this little mama bird had to find a home here.

A ribbon flower with a pretty aqua bead

Some of my favorite buttons. lace scraps that were from my Nana's stash.

Gotta love pink pearls, they make great centers for flowers!

I embroidered the word frolic with a lighter pink and it didn't stand out on the fabric very well, so I went back around it with a darker pink to make it pop a little more. Just one of those learning experiences!
I also love how Teresa incorporated a fabric charm in her spring sampler, so I thought I would have a go at my own version of one with my initial.

my sampler would not be complete without a ladybug!


It was great to playing around, stitching flowers with some of my favorite vintage buttons.

I even added a basket of posies!
Speaking of posies.........


Here is a sneak peek of new ones arriving in the shop very soon!
Have a beautiful week my friends!











18 comments:

Robin Thomas said...

It is joyous. I can see how happy you were stitching!

miss lynn said...

this is
simply
gorgeous.
what a
lovely
piece of
you to
display and
share!

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Soooooo beautiful! Can't wait to see the new goodies in your shop!

Anonymous said...

Lovely:)
Yvonne

Sea Witch said...

What a joyful and fun sampler you have created. I haven't produced a sampler in decades and I think you may have lit a fire under this sea witch's tail to produce one again. Sea Witch

melissa said...

Oh I just love your sampler! It is such fun to just look at all of the little details.

melissa

Kim Caldwell said...

This is one of my very favorites Kelli! Just gorgeous. . .

Hugs, K

m i c h e l l e said...

This is absolutely yummy yummy, Kelli!

xo,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

It came out oh so beautiful!!! It is "so you" with all the special touches...love it...and love you, too!
Mom xo
(can't wait to see the new posie pockets) :)

Unknown said...

Kelli, I can't tell you how beautful this sampler is. I have gone over it, and over it, and it is just so amazing. It shows the joy you experience in your life! I love it!
hugs

laura said...

this is spectacular!!!! prettiest work I have seen. xox laura

Kristen Pare said...

This is gorgeous! The details are so sweet.

Miriam said...

This is georgeous. Thanks for sharing.
Miriam

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

What an exquisite piece of artistry. Kudos to a job lovingly and beautifully done!

Zom said...

This is beautiful. It makes my fingers itch for a needle and thread.

Lovey said...

This is beautiful. I love the details...Please stop by my blog and Link Up with Me!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

How very pretty! Love the word frolic in there. Too precious!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I took Teresa McFayden's class, but still haven't finished my sampler... I need to pick it back up again! Thanks for the lovely inspiration! Love it!!

Monica Fullerton