Saturday, May 23, 2009

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER

I have been busy dying cupcake liners and coffee filters for a day of play with my friends Cammy and Hope. We plan on making garlands inspired by this creative person.

I have them all stacked in my studio and I'm just loving the combination of colors and the texture of the stacks. They look so pretty.

I love all colors, but there is something about these particular shades that just does me in every time.


These beautiful stacks and my weakness for cupcakes are the inspiration for my latest creation.


A crown fit for a Queen.....or Countess for that matter.



I used decorative paper, pages from an old cookbook, German glass glitter, and vintage trinkets. Cupcake liners and coffee filters even found their way into the mix. There are so many things you can do with liners and filters---very versatile.



I had loads of fun with this one, and pretty happy with how it turned out.


Now, I'm anxious to get to my studio for the next project.

Hmmm, what will the next project be? A fairy? A wand? Posie Pocket or another crown?

I don't know---what ever suits my fancy at the time. You never know what is going to inspire you tomorrow.


Have a great weekend everyone!






8 comments:

Hope | Paper Relics said...

wow - that crown is amazing! I love it.

You sure did dye a lot of fliters - love the colors. I plan on bringing lots of old paper for us to use since I did not have to try and dye anything (thank goodness).

Looking forward to meeting the whole family later today!

Anonymous said...

Honey, Oh my gosh!!! That crown is beautiful! I love it...it reminds me of the awesome "Life is Delicious" paper art picture you made for me! And the coffee filters are so cool!!! You will need to teach me how to dye them...what awesome things you can do with them! Once again, I am overwhelmed by your talent!!!
Love, Mom

cammy said...

Oh my heavens Kelli, I really love your latest creation and those liner.....YUM!! Now I'm intimidated to start dyeing my liners because I know they will never turn out so pretty!
It was so nice spending time with you and your family last night. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
xoCammy

Jennifer said...

I love your cupcake crown! You are so talented Kelli!

Deb said...

Your "countess of cupcakes" crown is stunning Kelli! My daughter Kate bakes fabulous cupcakes & one of her nicknames is cupKate :-) I think she needs a crown like this while baking :-)

Debby said...

WOW!!! Love this post.
debby

ancee said...

I just found your blog & fell in love with your dyed coffee filters, would you please share how you got all of those gorgeous colors, they remind me of fall, which is my favorite time of year & always has been my favorite colors.
Thanking you in advance,
Nancy

Shauna Younge Dessert Tables said...

These are lovely. This palette has a very soft, vintage feel.